Weekly – Boarding Follow Up
In Pet Exec
- Pull up owner purchase statistics at the beginning of each week.
- Choose the date range of Saturday through Friday of the previous week.
- Select owner filter “Only owners who have ordered.”
- For Order Type, Select “Boarding”
- Generate Report
- Scroll to bottom “Click here to download spreadsheet”
Open in Microsoft Excel
- Delete the first line of the excel report that states “There were X owners who HAVE NOT ordered anything between xx/xx/xxxx and xx/xx/xxxx”
- Scroll through and make sure all customer’s first names are formatted properly (have a capital first letter and are not all caps, etc.)
- “Save as” the excel document as a .csv file and rename it “Anderson_Boarding_201XXXXX” (date) in a place where you will save all missing customer lists monthly.
Go to Constant Contact
- Go to add contacts > upload from file
- Browse computer for the .csv file you found
- Match the correct column with appropriate fields and skip the rest. The only important columns are first name and email.
- Click “continue”
- Click “create new list”
- Name the list with the same as the above .csv file name and store name. Be consistent. (example: Anderson_Boarding_20180828)
- Click Upload
- Wait for the upload to complete.
- Look at the stats from the same type of email from the previous week. If there are any unsubscribers, click “download”–this will open in excel—take that list and go to pet exec and deactivate the unsubscribed customers with the reason being “deactivating this owner because unsubscribed to Dogtown emails”.
- Click “campaigns” Copy the appropriate “Weekly Boarding Follow Up” email template and send the email to the email list you just created.